Flooring is an important part of every décor and it is important to match the texture and color with the interiors. Also, the flooring material that is being used in the interior space makes a great impact on the entire ambiance. Thus, it is a must to get the right flooring materials that will complement the space. However, aside from getting a matching flooring for the interiors, it is equally important to get ones that are not slippery when water or any fluid is spilled over it. This will help ensure the safety of everyone.
Safe Flooring Option
Non slip flooring can help increase the safety of any area. This is often found in high-traffic areas like the bathrooms and kitchens. These areas are the ones that usually build up grime and dirt. For these floors, their texture seems hard to clean, but the build-up could be removed. Have yourself ready to exert enough effort and invest some time to restore your floor to its original beauty. Below are some of the tools that you will need, as well as steps to follow and tips to better take care of your flooring.
Prepare the Following:
- Washing powder
- Soft bristled brush or sponge
Steps to Follow:
- Start by filling your bucket with water (warm).
- Put some washing powder on your floor surface.
- Moisten the sponge or brush with warm water. You can also make use of a scrub brush because such type of flooring may cause your sponge to break apart. When using a sponge, be sure to use the sturdier scrubbing side.
- Start working in small sections. Scrub the surface of the floor with a brush until every dirt and grime are being removed.
- Rinse your brush or sponge regularly to avoid re-applying the dirt.
- When you have fully cleaned the area, rinse it with water.
- Allow the surface to dry.
More Tips and Advice
- The use of steam cleaners is also effective in terms of removing dirt build-up from texture floors.
- When the floor is clean, be sure to maintain it by mopping the area on a regular basis. This will prevent future build-ups.
- Be sure to choose the right kind of mop when cleaning your textured floors. A sponge mop is likely to disintegrate on the floor. The use of a rag mop or something similar to it that is soaked with water can help keep the mop from sticking. It is also important to just mop the area in a gentle manner and scrub the tough ones using a scrub or sponge by hand. Use a towel to dry the area to prevent the dirt in the water from re-settling in the grooves of the floor.
Tags: eco tiles